If you are looking for an animal hospital in Lewisburg WV, Lewisburg Veterinary Hospital is here for you. We have extensive solutions for your pet's health to ensure they are healthy and happy. We carry out extensive testing to get to the root of your pet’s problem whatever it might be. Internal medicine and diagnostics help with uncovering what is going on deeper than regular tests do, so if you notice behavioral changes in your pet despite no visible issues, you should consider seeking advice from our veterinarian.
Internal Diseases We Diagnose and Treat
Comprehensive animal care is based on finding any health problems present and treating them exhaustively to ensure that no traces of troublesome symptoms persist. The following diseases are best diagnosed with internal medicine:
- Conditions affecting the gastrointestinal tract such as inflammatory bowel disease, pancreatitis, and liver disease which can all cause a variety of problems throughout your pet's body.
- Endocrine diseases involve the hormones such as Addison's disease, Cushing's disease, diabetes, and thyroid conditions. All of these can be challenging to manage because hormones are influenced by several factors.
- Cardiovascular diseases like hypertension require frequent evaluation and intensive monitoring with advanced tools to make sure no complications develop.
- Kidney diseases often affect older pets and can be alleviated with the right care regimen.
- Respiratory diseases like pneumonia and asthma can interfere with your pet's oxygen levels if left unmanaged.
- Infectious diseases like canine influenza and parvovirus can be highly contagious and dangerous. These need immediate and aggressive therapies as well as specialized care to prevent their progression and spread.
- Diseases affecting the blood and bone marrow like leukemia and chronic anemia can lead to serious conditions and therefore require prompt diagnosis and comprehensive care.
- Disorders of the urinary system like proteinuria and bladder stones which, if incorrectly diagnosed or treated, can recur and cause chronic issues.
Some of the special diagnostics we use include echocardiogram ultrasounds, abdominal and thoracic ultrasounds, fine-needle aspiration and biopsy, advanced imaging, sampling of bone marrow, fluoroscopy, radiographic studies, collection of fluid from body cavities, endoscopic evaluation, and others. An extensive evaluation can pinpoint the exact issue, which is important in providing the right treatment for your pet. Most of these tests are painless and non-invasive, and the benefits to your pet's health are impossible to overlook.
Contact Our Animal Hospital in Lewisburg for Reliable Animal Care
For more information on internal diseases or to schedule an appointment with our veterinarian, call Lewisburg Veterinary Hospital today at (304) 645-1434.